|Hm, it's somewhat lacking
This article (Commissar), or a section of this article, is a stub and thus shorter than the author expected.
Due to the method that everything is written for Paradox, pages can get forgotten, inspiration can be lost, and writers can get lazy. In any case, on this page more could be added later.
|Secondary Ability||Designate Target|
"The first man gets the rifle! The second man gets the molotovs! If the one with the rifle gets killed, the one without the rifle picks up the gun and shoots! The one with the rifle shoots! The one without the rifle follows! If the one with the rifle gets killed ... "
- - Commissar during the Battle of Stalingrad
- For Mother Russia!: Commissars are charged with leading men into battle. They act as a focal point for the horde bonus, boosting any nearby infantry.
- Don't Shock Me!: Soviet Commissars are armed with Tesla Shock Pistols. While originally meant to deal with deserters, they are also highly effective at slowing down enemy units.
- That one, Comrades!: By pointing at an enemy with a coloured stick, Commissars can order Soviet forces to focus their fire on a single target.
- Lend Your Support!: Commissars need other units to back them up, since their Tesla pistols are incapable of directly harming the enemy and they have no other weapon to speak of.
Commissars have changed drastically since their earlier days. For decades, they were feared instruments of Lenin and Stalin's brutal will. They took it upon themselves to shoot any man found defecting or deserting and were above the normal chain of command. Due to vast shifts in Red Army policy, however, the Commissars are now much more respected. Commissars are now used to spread the Revolutionary spirit throughout the ranks, as was their original intent, by propaganda and example.
While Commissars still task themselves with deserters, they are now armed with Tesla shock pistol. Useless in actual combat, it shocks and disables a running conscript (or even disabling a Sickle, if its crew gets a little "overexited") so he can be more appropriately and humanely punished. This has also lead to the in-joke amongst Conscripts of the deserter pleading "Don't shock me, comrade!", something that Tesla Troopers tend to respond to.
Behind the Scenes Edit
The Tesla Pistol is based on the similarly titled weapon from the TV Series Warehouse 13.
Just the StatsEdit
|Passive Buff(+5% damage and health per infantry in 200, Frenzied)|
|Stun(2s), Move and Fire|