|Hm, it's somewhat lacking
This article (Krait Sniper), or a section of this article, is a stub and thus shorter than the author expected.
Due to the method that everything is written for Paradox, pages can get forgotten, inspiration can be lost, and writers can get lazy. In any case, on this page more could be added later.
|The Krait Sniper In Game|
|Only man in the village|
|Secondary Ability||Switch Net Launcher/Sniper Rifle|
Uses net gun to immobilize enemies/Uses sniper rifle for all attacks
• Not revealed when firing rifle
|Dev. Status||In game|
|Country of Origin||File:NorthVietnamthumb.gif North Vietnam|
|Trained at||Their home village|
|Key Features|| » Used SKAS semi automatic rifle|
» Improvised scope
» Homemade net launcher
» Black uniform
» Good luck headband from local village
Tactical Analysis Edit
- White Feather: The Krait Sniper is the premier sharpshooter in the Vietnam theatre. Though all snipers are deadly, the thick foliage of Vietnam means that the Krait Sniper is doubly so due to the ample cover and concealment around him.
- Through Their Own Scope: The SKAS rifle is crude, but no less effective on the battlefield. Like other sniper rifles, it can kill infantry in one shot.
- Get In The Bubble: The Krait Sniper has also equipped himself with a net launcher. While the individual launchers work through various means, they all serve to entangle enemies so they can't move. Better still for the sniper, this is completely silent and does not reveal his position.
- Utter, Complete, Absolute Concentration: The Krait Sniper must remain hidden until the shot can be taken, or he will quickly be hunted down by enemy forces. He has very few other ways to defend himself.
Operational History Edit
Snipers are omnipresent in the jungles of Vietnam. Using a variety of old rifles and jury rigged scopes, they take pot shots at ARVN and Allied forces, bases, and road signs, severely disrupting any attempt to maintain a sense of security. This individual uses a WW2 era SKAS semi-automatic rifle, a Soviet weapon infamous for its temperamental nature, and a telescopic scope originally mounted on crew served sentry guns.
Recently, snipers have been leading teams on bold snatch-and-grab missions, abducting sentries, officers and local authorities in the night as an intimidation tactic and to collect intelligence. To help with these missions, many snipers have assembled tools, such as net launchers, to assist in these missions.
Good snipers gain fame and respect among the Vietcong, and are considered folk heroes in areas aligned with the North. Indeed, these people have nicknamed these snipers "Kraits", after the poisonous snakes in the area. The ARVN and Allies refer to the snipers either with "Sniper Chuck" or a stream of expletives. Often both.
Just the Stats Edit
|SKAS Sniper Rifle|
|Infantry Only, Intimidating(50/3s), Pinning, Lock-On(2s), Degarrison|
|Stunning, Area of Effect(50)|
|Infantry||Victor Charlie • Guerrilla • Krait Sniper|
|Vehicles||Pincer ICV • Supply Truck • Bulldog Tank Destroyer • Chameleon ZSU • Mortar Truck • Mammoth Tank|
|Structures||Tunnel Complex • Disappearing Gun • NVA Smelter|
|NVA Reinforcements||NVA Regular • NVA Pincer ICV • Rhino Tank • MiG Nine|
Camo-Netting • Tunnel Ambush • Saturation Fire
|Detailed Information||Vietnam War • North Vietnamese Characters|